Professional Clients’ Services
Gene Tracers's Professional services provides:
- Missing Beneficiaries research for the legal profession.
- Local research for other genealogists, as detailed below, to find:
- Parish records
- Wills and administrations
- Census returns
- Electoral rolls/Poll books
- Military records
- Divorce records
- Court records
- Apprentice records including indentures
- Various other records – please ask.
Missing Beneficiaries Research
Many probate cases need a genealogist to prove there are no further beneficiaries, and beneficiaries for pensions and policies may need to be traced to a current address.
Gene Tracers can reliably prove family relationships and find beneficiaries. This is a priority service but, because some cases take longer than others, we can work to the budget you set. Some initial information will be necessary for this service to be carried out successfully.
We use a variety of sources including BMD (birth, marriage, death) indexes and certificates, parish registers, censuses (where appropriate), divorce records, electoral rolls and other current records in both the public and commercial domain.
Local Record Research
Many genealogists, and other professional agencies, may require research to be carried out in specific fields at specific locations. Gene Tracers is located in Reading, Berkshire and is ideally located for research at the:
- Berkshire Record Office;
- Reading, England Family Search Centre;
- The National Archives;
- London Metropolitan Archives;
- Westminster City Archives;
- Principal Probate Registry;
- Principal Registry of the Family Division;
Other record offices/repositories may be searched upon request – please ask for further details.
Dependent on the work undertaken for you, research may involve working online or in quiet, dusty repositories transcribing, or photographing, original documents. Each piece of research is carefully documented to record a thorough research path from beginning to end, which forms the basis of our detailed report which records all searches, the outcome of each, and the conclusions that can be reached from the evidence found. Included within the report is a family tree (where appropriate) and details of the source records used.
n.b. Research in London respositories will be charged at a minimum of 2 hours work.
Two fee rates are available:
- Our Priority service, charged at a £45.00 per hour, plus expenses*;
- and our Basic service, charged at our normal rate of £35 per hour, plus expenses*.
Expenses may include, where applicable, costs for:
- wills and administrations;
- travel (but not travel time);
- photocopying and printing;
- photographic passes;
- entrance fees to repositories/special collections;
- hotel costs.
* Fees correct as of February 2018.
Invoices will be emailed and posted out to you after work has been completed. For longer jobs where the project is in progress, invoices will be sent out monthly together with a brief interim report.
Payment may be made by BACs payment, cheque or via credit/debit card online through Paypal. Details will be provided.
Payment terms on invoices are 28 days.
n.b. All Paypal transactions incur a 6% charge to cover Paypal fees.